Get married in Italy with the most traditional wedding ceremony. The authentic Italian civil marriage.
There are many locations in our country where to plan a legal ceremony. Charming villas, medieval castles, historical Palazzos, panoramic terraces are spread out all over the country. Venues are endless and can satisfy every taste.
About Civil Ceremonies in Italy
- Civil ceremonies are officiated by an Italian authority and are legally recognized in your country.
- Ceremony is performed in Italian by Mayor or civil registrar, with an official Interpreter that we provide
- By law, the ceremony must include the reading of the civil wedding articles in Italian.
- Ceremony consists in a mix between the articles of the Italian civil code and traditional marriage vows
- The civil rite lasts approximately 20/30 minutes.
- Two witnesses are necessary
- There are no residency requirements to marry in Italy.
- Civil ceremony by law must take place in buildings approved by the Italian government.
- Outdoor civil ceremony can be performed only in certain locations approved by the Italian authorities.
- Civil ceremonies in Italy can be customized with elements that express your personality and values: music, readings, poetry and personal vows.
We invite you to view the most charming and popular marriage halls of Italy where to celebrate a civil wedding ceremony.